You wake up one morning with tingling sensation on your lips and when you look at the mirror, it’s confirmed, another cold sore outbreak to irritate you for a few days or worst few weeks. This means that you will try your best to be out of the circulation or avoid socializing for a few weeks due to this cold sore outbreak, unless you know a quick and easy way to relieve a cold sore.
Cold sores are blisters that commonly appear on the external edges of the mouth, on the lips and nose caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 (HSV-1). These are painful blisters that may last a few days or weeks and highly contagious. If the cold sore is not bothersome, some people let the virus takes its course and leave the cold sore alone to heal on its own. Unfortunately, most of the time cold sore is annoying due to its ugly appearance, pains and discomforts. These are the reasons why sufferers tend to find ways to relieve a cold sore.
Here are some ways to relieve a cold sore:
- Aloe vera plant helps relieve a cold sore. Known for its healing properties on skin diseases, aloe vera plant is an alternative remedy for herpes simplex viruses or commonly known as cold sore. It helps in wound healing. Application of aloe vera balm 3x a day on the affected area will help relieve a cold sore.
- Vitamin supplements. Taking Vitamin C at first sign of outbreak helps relieve a cold sore. Direct application of Vitamin E on the sore area relieves a cold sore pain.
- Eat a well balanced and healthy diet. Avoid processed foods, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Eat foods with high lysine levels like vegetables, fish and chicken.
- OTC or over the counter medicines and creams. Although there are side effects, over the counter medicines can help ease the pains and temporarily relieve a cold sore.
- Some find it effective to use a warm tea bag on the affected area to help relieve a cold sore. Put the warm tea bag on your cold sore for 30 minutes, tannic acid of the tea has antivirus properties to help relieve a cold sore.
Although you can relieve a cold sore, it is best to find the best permanent treatment for cold sore. Cold sore is not only contagious but it also has high tendencies to come back or recur on the same spot. It is important to stop cold sore at the root of the problem, instead of just masking the symptoms.
Did you know that you can totally eliminate your cold sores in 3 days? Plus, you will never have to worry about having serious cold sore problem again. Face the world in 3days with the freedom to feel great about yourself and your appearance visit Cold Sore Freedom in 3 Days at Great Discovery-Health and Beauty
Gerry Restrivera writes informative articles on various subjects including Cold Sore Remedies: How to Relieve a Cold Sore. You are allowed to publish this article in its entirety provided that authors name, bio and website links must remain intact and included with every reproduction.